October 15, 2009

The Cat With Hands

The story of a cat who, legend has it, longs to become human.

Written, Directed and Animated
by Robert Morgan
Produced by Sylvie Bringas
Associate Producer: Eyal Shaphyr
Production company: Halo Productions

In a somewhat weird way, this short film reminds me of a Neil Gaiman Novel.

As a kid growing up to his stories, I always wanted to have dreams as visually stimulating and shocking as this. I'm sure I have, I just forgot them. Don't we all wish we could just remember our dreams? I imagine how more visually stimulating and mentally stimulating paintings can be. Or how conceptual art may possibly more absurd and installed into our waking lives. But then again maybe that is essentially where creativity and art come from; conscious use of imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment