November 7, 2009

Love Will Tear You Apart. The Art Of Sarah Gaugler

WYD EP 4 – SARAH GAUGLER, TATTOO ARTIST from WYD1 on Vimeo.






Browsing through the net, I discovered this awesome and ethereal artist, Sarah Gaugler. I was impressed on both her source of inspiration and her style as a tattoo artist. I am a fan of tattooing myself, and I appreciate the fact that she pursued her dreams and created her own style out of the hardships she endured. That is what you call grace people.

Her style screams out her subconscious and though psychological, it is still something people can relate to. The strongest aesthetic to her style is the dream like illustrations that you see before your eyes. Her works make me feel as though they are reactions to things that have affected her life; be it her environment or social interaction. Life has given her a box of crayons, and she has been using it to the fullest extent. Though the memory in which these come from may be negative or positive, It's still subconscious and cerebral but is expressed in a minimal way seeping out of passion from emotion. Can love will tear you apart? Literally.

See her works here

No comments:

Post a Comment