November 29, 2009

Dubplate One - The Mother Fucking Gas Lamp







If you weren't there you missed A LOT!!
It was nice to see everybody from all the different scenes and some that went away from it all under one roof. Dubplate's first year anniversary was a god damn success. Right venue, the right people, done just right. Oh yeah , the Motherfucking Gaslamp Killer killed it... he was electric as he proved why a good DJ looks at the crowd and not at his laptop. He connects with the audience and feeds them the songs rather than just trying to please them... he CONTROLS them. From the outside "hippie" shell i saw on the stage what I experienced was a shaman.

I also realized that Philippine culture is straight up laced with celebrity photo ops. For one thing, how are you going to enjoy this awesome night if you just took a video your whole life (this is of course for those who's job is to be there and not take videos). But all in all the whole night was ELECTRIC. ... 'Till next time!

(I knew I would be jumping around so I did not bring my camera)
Thank you Adoborat for the awesome fishy eyes and photos for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment